Spread the love
It’s a great feeling to be able to see a network one started 5 years back, still growing, spreading further and hopefully adding some value in the lives of all who are a part of it! :). It sure has added a lot to mine and provided me an opportunity to interact with so many bloggers and indulge in so many activities with them.
The Delhi Bloggers Bloc completes 5 years on 13th Jan! (It was created after the first ever Delhi Bloggers meet on 13th Jan 2004).
We would love your suggestions on what all you want to do on this occasion (both online/offline) .
Here’s what we are planning – a month long series of activites 🙂
So starting this week onwards, we can have
1. A heritage walk (during the last meet the group wanted to do another one pretty quick) – proposed location – Nizammudin dargah, hear the qawwalis too, proposed date – 18th Jan (sunday)
2. Call it what u want, An Eat Meet, a “tw-eat up” or a foodie meet – you get the idea – we all go and gorge on FOOD 🙂 – proposed location – chandni chowk, proposed date -1st feb (sunday)
3. Both above locations double up as photography walks too.
4. Someone suggested a nature walk at Yamuna Bio diversity park. One needs binocs for such a thing and some knowledge on ornithology as well :). But if all are game, we can surely visit one of the areas in NCR where we catch up with nature – proposed location yamuna bio-diversity park, delhi zoo, Sultanpur bird sanctuary (near gurgaon)
5. And the grand finale – we are organising India’s first wordpress camp (called wordcamp) on feb 21st, feb 22nd. Matt Mulenwag, the founder ofwordpress has kindly agreed to grace us with his presence for the event :). I am quite excited about this event and we would definitely need help from all of you to make it a grand success.
Suggestions are welcome so that we can quickly finalise the activities with their corresponding coordinators/ volunteers. Feel free to invite your other blogger/flickr/ twitter friends to these events.
Let the drums roll!
Update : Here is the actual post of the First ever WordCamp in India!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
Spread the love