This is a meet after a long gap (a season)! But we are back and would be having frequent meets now that the weather has improved and allows us to venture outside without getting frozen or roasted. After the rather enlightening & interesting walkathon from India Gate to Rashtrapati Bhawan (DBM32), we now plan to meet at Gurgaon for a Dutch breakfast! The weather is just right and we also get to see how the famous Dutch Stroopwafel cookies are made!
Here are the details.
Date : 18th July’10 (Sunday)
Time : 9am-12pm
Venue : Bagel’s Cafe, D-140, Shopping Mall, Arjun Marg, DLF Phase I, Gurgaon. The venue is air conditioned, has parking and has free wi-fi as well.
Agenda : Meet at the cafe, eat breakfast, watch Lalita the cafe owner make the famous Dutch Caramel cookies – Stroopwafel, see the ongoing photography exhibition at Bagel’s Cafe, chat, joke, laugh, recite, and generally have fun.
Deal: Following fixed menu for 280/- per person (inclusive of 12.5% VAT & 10% service charge)
20% off on a la carte
1 Bagel per person (out of the choices):
- Vegetarian: gouda cheese, cheese tomato grilled, jam and butter, peanut butter, hazelnut nutella, Dutch chocolate sprinkles and butter
- Non-Vegetarian: club chicken, sausage, omelet with tomato, onion, jalapeno
1 Quiche (out of the choices):
- Vegetarian: Tomato Quiche OR
- Non Vegetarian: Quiche Lorraine (with chicken and/or bacon)
1 Dessert (out of the choices):
- Brownie or muffin with vanilla ice-cream
1 Drink per person (out of the choices):
- Coffee (black, espresso, double espresso, cappuccino, café latte) served with small piece of stroopwafel
- Tea (black, jasmine, green, camomile, mint, ginger) served with small piece of stroopwafel
- Soft drinks: coca cola, coca cola light, fanta, sprite, limca
Map : http://bit.ly/9Rsjb9
Who should attend?
Anyone who has an active interest in documenting ones thoughts through blogs, tweets, flickr pictures, podcasts or in any other way and also has an active interest in err.. “eating” :). Anyone who likes trying out various cuisines, do come and try out Dutch Bagels, cookies, pancakes & Quiches. Or if you are someone who likes photography – the exhibition “Evanescence” is currently the ongoing exhibition at Bagel’s Cafe, Or if you are someone who has an interest in meeting the oldest bloggers group in Delhi (6 yrs old) and having some fun along the way :).
For this meet, the coordinator would be Twilight Fairy (9811511719). Please confirm your attendance in the comments or at the facebook event. While you are at it, please join us here in facebook, here in the mailing list and follow @delhitweetup on twitter.